In association with
The Lancashire Association of Change Ringers
The 2018 Central Council Meeting, organised by The Administrative Committee, is to take place at Lancaster University in the North West of England over the Spring Bank Holiday weekend in May. It is the first of a new style of annual conference planned to tour the regions. The university offers high class conference facilities, catering and accommodation at reasonable prices and enables most of the events over the weekend to take place on the college campus.
The conference will be spread over three days with workshops, seminars, and sessions that will be open to all ringers as well as members of the Council. It is however of a new format that will enable it to be condensed into 2 days in future when the envisaged date move to the first weekend in September takes place in 2019.
The formal opening session of the Council will be on the Sunday afternoon to encompass the welcome, obituaries, election of life and additional members, also the formal reports of the various stewards before adjourning to the President’s Reception and Annual Dinner.
The Monday session of the Council will include the business of committee reports and motions along with break-out sessions to debate pertinent issues and review in detail the Councils work. A local regional ringing association will be invited to address the Council on the state of ringing in their area and this year it will feature The Lancashire Association.
The Council will offer an “all-in” conference package as well as day and individual event rates. The package is essentially full board and inclusive of conference fees.
Highlights of the programme
Saturday May 26th
- Ringing tour of the Fylde area hosted by The Lancashire Association
- Committee seminars and workshops
Sunday May 27th
- Adopt a tower for service ringing
- AGM of The Ringing World Ltd
- Formal opening session of the 126th Annual Meeting of The Central Council
- Keynote speech and adjournment to
The President’s Reception & 126th Annual Anniversary Dinner
Monday May 28th
- Continuation of the 126th Council Meeting
Facilities and accommodation
Lancaster University offers excellent conference facilities, with full AV equipment in all rooms. There are a number of rooms available, from one large enough for the full council, to small committee and breakout rooms.
Accommodation will be on site. Single, twin and double en-suite rooms will be available as part of the conference package. There are a number of bars available, offering local real ale.
Have a look at the University’s Conference web site for further information: www.lancaster.ac.uk/conferences/
Conference package prices
Members conference package, fully inclusive: £235
- 2 night’s B&B accommodation,
- Buffet lunch/dinner [Saturday dinner, Sunday & Monday lunch]
- The President’s Reception & Annual Dinner and
- Conference Fees, inclusive of administrative costs.
Members’ Guests supplements:
- Sunday or Monday lunch £12
- Reception and Dinner supplement £46
- Saturday Buffet Dinner supplement £18
- Members’ guest accommodation supplement £64
- Less 1 night’s accommodation £60
- Less 2 night’s accommodation £120
- Less Buffet Dinner Saturday £12
- Less Annual Dinner Sunday £36
Booking for the above package, and any associated events, will be made via the Council’s website. These prices are correct at the time of publication, but will be confirmed in January 2018.
Lancaster University is set in 560 acres of beautiful parkland and lies approximately three miles south of the City of Lancaster. Lancaster Station is served by trains from London, Glasgow, Manchester, Leeds and Morecambe. There is a direct bus service from Lancaster Station to the University.
By car, the University is located approximately 2 miles north of M6 junction 33.
By Ferry, the University is approximately 9 miles south of the Lancashire terminal of The Isle of Man Ferry.