New resources to help you ‘market’ bell ringing to other can be found in new menu choice to right New Resources (2017)
Terms of Reference of the PR committee, ie what we do:
- foster goodwill and mutual understanding between ringers and the general public
- foster public awareness of ringing
- establish and maintain goodwill and mutual understanding between the Council and significant non-ringing bodies (including the media, church and government), and
- establish and maintain goodwill and mutual understanding between the Council and ringers at large (as individuals and in ringing societies).
The Committee’s work includes BBC Bells on Sunday liaison, responding to Learn-to-Ring enquiries, distributing publicity leaflets, university liaison, overseas liaison, managing the Council’s Facebook and Twitter presence and maintaining the Things-To-Ring-For lists on the website. Over the years, the Committee has provided advice and assistance in various forms to help ringers who organise public-facing events or run PR campaigns. This has included display boards, posters, videos, presentation material and publicity leaflets. Current aspirations include upgrading the presentation material to be more comprehensive, easier to integrate with local material and easier to download.
The committee provides a contact point with ringing for Press and public and performs other services including:
- media contacts and press releases to promote ringing for special occasions
- the provision of promotional and support material for ringers and parishes
- sponsorship of the Ringing Roadshow
- publication of contact information and schedules for University ringing societies
- liaison with the BBC and assistance with the supply of recordings for Bells on Sunday
Other projects are undertaken as appropriate, ranging from the Millennium Project to the promotion of ringing for special occasions.
- 2015 Annual Report — 2016 Council Meeting Minutes
- 2014 Annual Report — 2015 Council Meeting Minutes
- 2013 Annual Report — 2014 Council Meeting Minutes
- 2012 Annual Report — 2013 Council Meeting Minutes
- 2011 Annual Report — 2012 Council Meeting Minutes
- 2010 Annual Report — 2011 Council Meeting Minutes
- 2009 Annual Report — 2010 Council Meeting Minutes
- View menu page for Council Reports from 1945 and Minutes from 1890
Nick Elks Peterborough Diocesan Guild
Clyde Whittaker Middlesex County Association & London Diocesan Guild