New Music 20×12 is a UK-wide commissioning programme initiated by Jillian Barker and David Cohen, and delivered by PRS for Music Foundation in partnership with the BBC, LOCOG, Sound and Music and NMC Recordings.
Special thanks to RVW Trust for making this New Music 20×12 commission possible.
New Music 20×12 is generously supported by the following committed patrons and funders: Arts Council England, Creative Scotland, John S. Cohen Foundation, PRS for Music Foundation, Arts Council of Northern Ireland, Arts Council of Wales, Columbia Foundation Fund of the Capital Community Foundation, Incorporated Society of Musicians, Musicians Benevolent Fund, Jerwood Charitable Foundation, RVW Trust, Charlotte and Dennis Stevenson, Tolkien Trust, The Leche Trust, The Bliss Trust, Finzi Trust, The Worshipful Company of Musicians, Lilian Slowe, John and Ann Tusa, John Wates Charitable Trust, Richard Walduck, Honeymead Arts Trust, and Sir Anthony Cleaver.
Funders and patrons websites are as follows (NB: Funders and patrons not listed here do not have a website):
- Arts Council England: www.artscouncil.org.uk
- Creative Scotland: www.creativescotland.com
- PRS for Music Foundation: www.prsformusicfoundation.com
- Arts Council of Northern Ireland: www.artscouncil-ni.org
- Arts Council of Wales: www.artswales.org.uk
- Incorporated Society of Musicians: http://www.ism.org
- Musicians Benevolent Fund: www.helpmusicians.org.uk
- Jerwood Charitable Foundation: www.jerwoodcharitablefoundation.org
- RVW Trust: www.rvwtrust.org.uk
- The Tolkien Trust: www.tolkientrust.org
- The Leche Trust: www.lechetrust.org
- The Bliss Trust: www.blisstrust.org
- Finzi Trust: www.geraldfinzi.org
- The Worshipful Company of Musicians www.wcom.org.uk
New Music 20×12 is a UK wide programme which consists of twenty outstanding new works, each lasting 12 minutes, commissioned to feature centre stage of the London 2012 Cultural Olympiad. New Music 20×12 commissions will be broadcast by BBC Radio 3 and tour the UK, enabling as many people as possible to enjoy excellent new music as part of our celebrations of the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games.