ART will be holding its annual conference on 2/3 March at Worcester. The exciting agenda includes a great line up of speakers, with keynotes by:
- Mark Regan, the Ringing Master at Worcester Cathedral, who will not only be looking to the future, but will be offering visits to the Cathedral Ringing Centre. Book now (Here!), as places are limited!
- Matt Bulbeck, a professional outdoor sports coach and bell ringing teacher.
- New-ish ringers Ian and Louise Wilson, with their take on bell ringing leadership based on 20 years of knowledge and experience gained in industrial and academic settings.
- Simon Linford and Clare McArdle will be talking Project Pickled Egg alongside the re-launch of the Learning the Ropes Plus scheme.
Reflecting the rapid proliferation of questions and concerns around recent events, additions to the ART line-up include presentations from the Church of England about safeguarding and Ecclesiastical Insurance about bell ringing insurance and risk assessments. There will be opportunities to talk through any local issues with the experts who will be available throughout the day.
The second day of the conference weekend concentrates on building a vision for the future of youth ringing and is hosted by the Central Council. A day of speakers and break-out sessions. A day for you to help shape the future. A day for anyone interested in developing the leaders and ringers of the future.
- A Vision for the Future of Youth Ringing – David Hull
- Putting Girls in the Lead: How Girlguiding Does it – Fiona Joines
- Successful Leaders and the D of E Scheme – Christopher O’Mahony
- Parental Involvement: What can we learn from other Activities – Pip Penney
- Different ages, different approaches – David Smith
The day will include a number of break-out sessions led by youth leaders. These will provide plenty of opportunities to share ideas and good practice and give you the chance to draw a vision of the future and start working towards it.
The ART Conference is our leading national event and is open to anyone with an interest in ringing teaching and leadership. Join us at Worcester on 2/3 March 2019 for what is sure to be a full and interesting weekend.