The Technical and Taxonomy workgroup is undertakes activity to:
- maintain and publish for the Council authoritative reference standards for change ringing.
- ensure that authoritative records and analysis of published methods, published compositions and significant tower & handbell peals are available.
- provide guidance on methods, compositions and aspects of ringing theory.
- promote innovation and interest in the theory of ringing and the use of technology to support ringing.
- develop and maintain technology platforms which:
- support the Council’s work and the objectives of its other Workgroups and Stewards.
- support individual ringers and ringing societies where this will deliver significant benefits to the ringing community.