At the Central Council AGM on 5th September 2020 the Council voted to approve a change to its rules which introduces a new level of Central Council society membership.
Registered Small Society is a new level of membership open to ringing societies with 75 or fewer members.
What are the benefits?
To your society:
- Affiliation to the Central Council as the national and international body for ringers recognised by the Church of England and other organisations can help raise the profile of your society.
- Strengthen your connections to other guilds both locally and nationally.•Makes it easier to access services and support available from the Council, especially when working with the Church of England.
- Have an influence into the Central Council as it is moving towards being a proactive support group for all ringers, potentially providing opportunities that members of the society might benefit from in future.
- Develop best practices (eg. safeguarding)
- For higher education societies, closer links with the Council’s new Workgroup on Universities & Colleges.
To the wider ringing community:
- A better-connected Council is more able to serve the interests of the ringing community.
- A more diverse membership will contribute to the quality of the Council’s strategic planning.
- A greater role for small societies, contributes to the Council’s aim to promote the recruitment, training and retention of young ringers, including through university societies.
- Higher standards and closer links between all societies can only serve to enhance the reputation of ringing and serve the interests of all ringing societies.
- The Church of England values the Council’s role in promoting a network of strong, interconnected societies.
- Bringing small societies into the organisational family of ringing makes ringing stronger in the eyes of the Church and the other external bodies on whose support it depends.
A society wishing to become a registered small society should download an application form and submit this to the Central Council Secretary (email@example.com) for consideration at the next Executive meeting.
Annual Membership Fee
The annual membership fee for a Registered Small Society is £20, this is half the fee paid by an Affiliated Society.