Save the Date!
6th – 8th September 2019
The 2019 Central Council weekend takes place at Goldsmiths College, New Cross, London, SE14 6NW on Friday 6th to Sunday 8th September.
The weekend programme is open to all ringers and the full programme will be published shortly. Come along for a day, or take advantage of Goldsmith’s accommodation offer (see below) and stay for the full weekend.
|Friday 6th Sept||Saturday 7th Sept||Sunday 8th Sept|
|Ringing at various London towers
Informal hot buffet supper at Goldsmiths College
|Central Council Workgroup sessions
Ringing World AGM and lunch
2019 Council Meeting
Service/concert for all
President’s reception followed by the Council’s annual dinner
|Service ringing at local churches
MINI ROADSHOW – open to everyone
MINI-ROADSHOW ON SUNDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER
Open to ALL the Mini-Roadshow on Sunday 8th September runs from 9.30am to 4.30pm with trade stands, demonstrations, speaker events and the chance to try out mini rings and training bells. The full programme will be published shortly, but highlights include:
- Wide-ranging programme of talks including contributions from Steve Coleman, Bill Hibbert, Simon Linford, Alan Regin, Guildford Young Ringers and Marcus Booth from Ecclesiastical Insurance.
- Stalls and trade stands from 20 ringing organisations and trade suppliers.
- Try out your striking skills on the mini-rings on the terrace
- See what a training bell could do for your tower by testing the training bells on offer
Registration for the Council Meeting, Annual Dinner and other weekend events will be open in May via the “London 2019” page on the Council’s website at https://cccbr.org.uk/about/meetings/2019-meeting/ or scan this QR code:
TAKE PART, TAKE A STAND OR SPONSOR AN EVENT
If you or your organisation would like to host a stall or trade stand, or simply offer your help to make the weekend a success, please email the organising team at London2019Events@cccbr.org.uk
HOW TO BOOK ACCOMMODATION
Goldsmiths College offer single en-suite rooms in their Halls of Residence at the following special rates for those wishing to attend weekend events:
- Single room (room only) at £45.60 per night
- Single room (with breakfast) at £53.40 per night
As with all student halls of residence, these rooms provide basic accommodation similar to that provided at most universities.
To book accommodation at Goldsmiths College, go to https://cccbr.org.uk/about/meetings/2019-meeting/accommodation/ or scan this QR code, where you can find full instructions together with a link to the Goldsmith’s site: