The government (England) guidance that is enabling practices to start for young ringers (under 18) has now been updated to cover the new Tier 4, and unsurprisingly it is very restrictive.
Specifically it says
“Currently, supervised activities, training and education for children can continue to operate at all restriction tiers both inside and outdoors. In areas at tier 4 (stay at home), parents and carers can continue to access wraparound childcare and out-of-school settings where this is:
- provision specified in an education, health and care plan
- necessary to allow parents or carers to work, seek work, or undertake education or training
- for the purposes of respite care, such as caring for a vulnerable child or young person
- being used by home educating parents as part of existing arrangements for their child to receive a suitable full-time education
- for the purposes of obtaining a regulated qualification, meeting the entry requirements for an education institution, or exams and assessments”
Unfortunately this means that our young ringers guidance can only apply in Tiers 1-3, and the guidance on the website has been updated accordingly.