Join us for the 2024 ART Conference over the weekend of 2 and 3 March, centred on Harbury in Warwickshire. The conference is open to all ringers, not just ART Members.
Saturday 2 March
The first day of the conference is a mix of presentations and workshops. It starts by looking to the future, with views from the CCCBR, the church, the Ancient Society of College Youths, ending with thoughts about the role that ART will play in this future.
- The view from the Bridge − Tina Stoecklin
- The view from the Pulpit − Rev’d Max Drinkwater
- The view from the Capital − Swaz Apter
- The view from the HeART − Andrew Slade
The future will require hard work in addressing change. We have two speakers to discuss potential obstacles − teacher burnout and the changing role of guilds and associations.
- Burnout: putting out the fire − Pete Mackreth, School of Sport of Leeds Beckett University
- “We’ve always done it like that”. Transforming your Guild: from the past to a sustainable future − Linda Garton
There will also be plenty of options for teachers to think about their own teaching.
- Teaching hubs: alone we can do so little, together we can do so much − Susan Read & Steve Vickars
- How to keep the momentum going − Sonia Field
- Insurance and risk management: what you need to know − Marcus Booth & Becca Ridley
- Starting a band from scratch − Mark Sayers
- Engaging non-ringers: let’s share ideas – Jessica Hay & Cathy Booth
- Teaching with a simulator: thinking out of the box − Steve Farmer
Sunday 3 March
The second day of the conference is being organised in partnership with the Ancient Society of College Youths. A series of workshops will be run for conference delegates to improve their own ringing. Places will be limited so book early to avoid disappointment. Sunday workshop booking closes on Sunday 31 January.
- Extending your experience on 12 bells
- Extending your experience on 10 bells
- Finding your inner Stedman: Calling Stedman Triples
- Calling Surprise Major
- How to spice up your Surprise Major
- Developing your 8 bell ringing
- Minor Pathways for major progress
- Introduction to conducting on 6 bells
Please refer to the conference programme prior to booking a place on one of these workshops, and make sure you competently and confidently meet the minimum requirements.Send to a friend