The 2022 Central Council weekend takes place at the Clifton Campus of Nottingham Trent University from Friday 2nd to Sunday 4th September 2022.
The weekend programme is open to all ringers and the full programme will be published shortly. Come along for a day or take advantage of accommodation offer (see below) and stay for the full weekend.
Friday 2nd Sept
- Ringing development sessions
- Three groups, each running at three different towers. One tower before lunch and two towers after lunch.
- This is going to be open not only to members but also to local ringers. Pre booking essential – details to follow
- Group 1 – Moving onto Minor methods
- Group 2 – Stedman Triples, Cambridge and Yorkshire
- Group 3 – The Core Seven and Beyond
- St Mary’s, Nottingham for open ringing between 6.30pm – 8pm
- Nominated pub
Saturday 3rd Sept
- Welcome Desk from 9am to 1pm
- 9.00 – 11.00 ‘Networking’, meeting Workgroups New members reception
- 11.00 – 12.30 Ringing World AGM
- 12.30 – 1.45 Lunch
- 2.00 – 5.00 Council Meeting
- 7 for 7.30 Informal evening social event, Nottingham City Centre
Sunday 4th Sept
- Service ringing at local churches
- RINGING ROADSHOW – open to everyone
RINGING-ROADSHOW ON SUNDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER
Open to ALL the Ringing-Roadshow on Sunday 4th September runs from 10.00am to 5.00pm with trade stands, demonstrations, speaker events and the chance to try out mini rings and training bells. The full programme will be published shortly, but highlights include:
- Wide-ranging programme of talks including contributions from Marcus Booth & Rebecca Meyer (Ecclesiastical Insurance), Steve Farmer (Simulators), Lesley Belcher (ART), Colin Newman (Youth & Schools Workgroup), Arthur Reeves
- Stalls and trade stands from ringing organisations and trade suppliers.
- Try out your striking skills on the mini-rings
Registration for the Council Meeting and other weekend events will be open soon via the Nottingham 2022 page on the Council’s website at https://cccbr.org.uk/about/annual-meetings/2022-meeting/
TAKE PART, TAKE A STAND OR SPONSOR AN EVENT
HOW TO BOOK ACCOMMODATION
The Clifton Campus at Nottingham Trent University offers single en-suite rooms in their Halls of Residence at the following special rates for those wishing to attend weekend events:
- Single room at £57.00 per night includes breakfast
As with all student halls of residence, these rooms provide basic accommodation similar to that provided at most universities. Only white goods are provided, bring your own crockery
Room booking information to follow shortly.Send to a friend