The Compositions Committee maintains a representative collection of peal and quarter peal compositions on secure web sites. They prepare for publication collections and articles on composition, and select, check and prepare compositions for publication in The Ringing World. Another objective is to encourage, advise and train the art of composition in aspiring composers.
The most regularly visible part of the Committee’s work is proving and reviewing compositions submitted for publication in The Ringing World.
We also oversee the creation and publication of collections of compositions and in addition maintain an extensive on-line collection.
- A Handbook of Composition by John R Leary, 1993
- A Collection of Compositions of Stedman Triples and Erin Triples compiled by Philip Saddleton, 1999
- 2015 Annual Report — 2016 Council Meeting Minutes
- 2014 Annual Report — 2015 Council Meeting Minutes
- 2013 Annual Report — 2014 Council Meeting Minutes
- 2012 Annual Report — 2013 Council Meeting Minutes
- 2011 Annual Report — 2012 Council Meeting Minutes
- 2010 Annual Report — 2011 Council Meeting Minutes
- 2009 Annual Report — 2010 Council Meeting Minutes
- View menu page for Council Reports from 1945 and Minutes from 1890
Richard Allton (Ancient Society of College Youths) Chairman
Stephen Beckingham (Sussex County Association)
Fred Bone (Essex Association)
Paul Flavell (Surrey Association)
Fergus Stracey (Devonshire Guild)